talking

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

powjoyce

talking

Post by powjoyce »

our OSCAR is 4 months old....when will he start talking ??
julie

Re: talking

Post by julie »

if you say the same thing to him he may pick it up pretty quick but He may not talk at all, not all of them do. When we walk in we say hello to the birds and thats what all mine started saying first, we now walk into the house and get greeted with very loud excited HELLOOOs. They pick up the tone pretty well so unless you want him to talk weird I would just talk normal and start off with something easy. My handraised baby spike started talking around 4 months.
powjoyce

Post by powjoyce »

tks..... that is what i have been saying is just hello. he sounds like he is trying to it but just can't get it out....but i'm still working on him
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Gomez is almost 5 months and although he doesn't talk yet he does make the tone of his name the way I say it and also of other words I say often to him.
julie

Post by julie »

you will probably both find that they are practising their talking when no one is around. Its not a spontaneous thing that they can just all of a sudden say things it takes them a lot of practise and by the time you actually hear what they are saying they have been saying it to themselves for awhile.
julie

Post by julie »

oh and some people may think your crazy when you hear them say something and no one else caught it.
powjoyce

Post by powjoyce »

tks everyone for the advice. he is starting to make all kinds of sounds now. but when people comes in u don't hear a peek out of him...i'm hoping he will get over that stage.
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi powjoyce

yes I think he will get over it. Mine is a year old now, and he talks in front of people he knows. Where up until about a month ago he wouldn't talk in front of people, he would stop as soon as he saw or heard anyone. I think its just a matter of him being confident.

Regards

Shane
turnershaun43

Post by turnershaun43 »

I really love to hear when my parrot starts to talk...
SkyesMom

Post by SkyesMom »

We have a dog named Bandit, and she is old and we have to say her name kind of loud with an emphasis on the BAN part of it. So it comes out like BANdit. Well, Skye has begun to mimic us. We can tell what she is saying, and when she says it, she looks at the dog. It is the funniest thing to watch, Skye barking out "BANdit" and Bandit looking up at her as if to say, "WHAT???????" They will do this for long stretches of time until Bandit finally gets up and walks away. lol.
Oh, and Skye is almost a year old.
Dana