Just for this morning !

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Dj tweet

Just for this morning !

Post by Dj tweet »

Just for this morning I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when you bite me
just got this morning I will let you mess up your cage and say how perfect it is
just for this morning I will step over your mess and take you to play in the tree instead
just for this morning I will leave the housework and teach you tricks instead

Just for this afternoon I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off and sit with you and play
just for this afternoon I will not yell at you once not even a little grumble when you scream and sqwark for attention and instead I will give you some should I have the time
just for this afternoon i will not worry about whAT your going to be when you grow up or second guess every desicion I have made with you
just for this afternoon I will let you put food in your water bowl and I wont stand over you trying to fix it

Just for this evening I will make a yummy sandwhich for myself and let you enjoy eating it all
just for this evening I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about when you hatched and how much I love you
just for this evening I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry at the mess you make
just for this evening I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars
just for this evening I will snuggle with you for hours and miss my favourite tv shows
just for this evening when I run my hands thru your feathers I will simply be grateful that I was given the greatest gift of you
and when I kiss you goodnight I will hold you a little tighter and a little longer and it is then that I will thank god for you and ask him for nothing mire except one more day
poppeottomor

Re: Just for this morning !

Post by poppeottomor »

That was very pretty.
You have a poet in youre stomack :lol:
S. Charlotte.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I LOVE this poem!!! :D :D :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Dj tweet

Post by Dj tweet »

I can't take all the credit
I adapted it from one I have on my fridge about your kids
I know to many of us our birds are our kids so thought id change it a little to share with all
remind us to stop take a breath and appreciate each day for what it is and what we have for none of us can ever be sure of tomorrow

Love and live everyday