Ringo

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Kristenka

Ringo

Post by Kristenka »

I recently pulled out the very wild breeding pair and put them into a huge cage. This morning, I walked downstairs and fed them some fresh fruit and seed. When I came back a few hours later, the male (Ringo) was keeled over on the floor, and the nostril area on his beak was all bloody because she had bitten it. But last night, they were courting each other. And now she's murdered him. So now I get to bury him (he was a really sweet bird and a gorgeous green) and I'm going to sell her because I can't stand the sight of her anymore. Is it a totally ghastly idea to look for another parrot even though I have a really sweet and tame male upstairs?
ellieelectrons

Re: Ringo

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Kristenka

I'm so sorry about Ringo. That sends shudders down my spine.

Ellie.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( I am so sorry for your loss. Poor lil man. RIP. Fly free sweetheart.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sorry to read your sad news. :(

Thoughts are with you.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

It is very upsetting to lose a bird and l am very sorry for you, but to lose one to another bird is horrible,but do not be too harsh on the hen.
AJPeter