mickey our three year old green ringneck

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

paulets

mickey our three year old green ringneck

Post by paulets »

we have just bought a beautiful green ringneck. he is three years old .he has lived in an aviary most of his life .any ideas on how to tame him please .we also are the proud owners of an african grey called buddy . we bought buddy as a baby and he was very easy to tame. any ideas will be greatly appreciated . :)
pinkdevil

Re: mickey our three year old green ringneck

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Paulets, congrats on your new ringie addition.

If you have a look in the "Behaviour and taming" section, you should be able to find something to get you started. :)

Just this morning while doing my aviary bird rounds, one of the aviary bred chicks from 2 seasons ago who are not tame, didn't move when I walked past. So I slowly moved closer while talking to him/her and placed my finger on the wire. S/he leaned over and touched my finger with its tongue! :shock: Was very cool. :) :) :)

How old is Buddy now?
I bought my CAG at Easter this year. A little 5 month old handraised boy. He is so great, says heaps of words and not one day goes by without him having us in fits of laughter whether it be from something he did or said at a appropriate moment.
paulets

Re: mickey our three year old green ringneck

Post by paulets »

hi there . thanks very much for your kind reply.we think we are doing ok with mickey . he has just started taking fruit out of our fingers . i must say he does it quiete nastily and he does know the difference between the two . he has a nasty bite. :cry: its very early days and we are hoping that he will calm down .our buddy is three years old now and he is a clown. :lol: his knowledge of words is amazing and he has us in stitches . :lol:hoping to upload some pictures of mickey and buddy soon . hope to hear from . best wishes . the paulets :)