GumTree/Eucalyptus?

Moderator: Mods

Trips

GumTree/Eucalyptus?

Post by Trips »

Hi.

I just got a new cage/Aviary that I plan to put my 4 aviary IRN's (as i currently have 2 pairs in different large cages) and I’m just wondering if Eucalyptus/Gumtree branches would be ok/safe for perches I currently have 7 of the big Trees on the property and we get a lot of wild birds that use them trees cockatoos, galahs, rainbow lorries (both types), wild cockatiels and some over sized large looking budgie thing lol ( sorry don’t know what they are ) and a lot more wild birds/ducks etc as I do feed them when they are around

also the cage/aviary is currently 1.7m long 1.8m tall 1.1m deep is that an ok size for just 4 IRN's or would it suit best for only 2 ( if only 2 ill just grab another )

it has 2 enclosed walls and 2 meshed walls however I’ve put shade cloth over the outside of the mesh to stop the bully type of wild birds out here as we do have 2 types of evil little brown birds whom like to harrash everything insight even themselves lol

Also one more question =p

how would I go about putting these 2 pairs together they are close bonded to each other and I’m a bit unsure if they will accept being put in with another pair would it be safe to put all of them in at once or put their current large cages inside of the aviary for a day or two to get use of the idea of the new home/ other pair