My new baby

Moderator: Mods

enmonjea

My new baby

Post by enmonjea »

I have never really been a grey fan, however this little guy came right up to me while all his siblings were in the back, stuck his beak through the breeder's cage and wooed me over. :D He had a big day today and misses his family so awful photo, but I will have many more in the future when he adjusts to the good life of a spoiled pet.

I was told he was a male as his father was an albino (forgot what his mother was though, will have to ask tomorrow), and he said that all the dark eyed babies were male. His other siblings were green-grey and grey.

enmonjea

Re: My new baby

Post by enmonjea »

He is much more cheery today, although still has not eaten much as far as I can see. I have the breeder's food, millet, and fresh fruits and veggies so I'm hoping when he gets in the swing of things he starts chomping down. The little booger spend almost an hour trying escape through the floor and cage walls and then decided he would rather swing upside down from his toys. :D
Attachments
pohi5.jpg
pohi4.jpg
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Awwww....is so cute.

Love the upside down pic. :D

Did you end up finding out what colour the mother was?
enmonjea

Post by enmonjea »

I called today, and he told me Blue Turquoise... which would not make sense at all...I don't think. He may have been mixing up the clutches as he had quite a few babies at once including some other turquoise and lacewings and was busy when I called. Didn't think about it at the time, but I am going to email him and be like... is that even possible?? hehe Great guy with really nice birds however. One of his breeders was a very big talker and was telling me "I love you" when I visited. He gave me an amazing deal for this area on the bird and a pretty large cage, $200 for both, and if I get another he will give me a lacewing for 300 or a grey-green for 100. However, I think one bird will be enough for a while! I am pretty sure he was telling the truth, but even if he is a she I would be just as happy.

He seemed content enough today that I did a little retaming session with him and got him to step up a few times. He seems nervous of my hands but is more then willing to crawl all over my arms. His favorite activity appears to be doing upside down flips on his perches and on his millet. It is quiet entertaining to watch! :lol: The more I look at him, the more I love the grey. He has a beautiful blueish tint to him that really just does not transfer to photos.
jean19

Post by jean19 »

nice birds , i like it in grey !
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

beautiful baby you have there. Nice pics too, so cute, thanks for sharing
Angie
---------