toys

Moderator: Mods

zeke3

toys

Post by zeke3 »

can i see people's pictures of there birds favourite toys i don't know what to buy tiki and i thought he might like the same stuff as other ringnecks
enmonjea

Re: toys

Post by enmonjea »

I went to CAbirdnerds.com and bought a bunch of different kinds of toy parts from plastic, leather, and wood in all different shapes and colors just so I can really see what my new guy likes best. I have only owned ringnecks for ... three days now... lol but all the birds I have owned in the past have been complete polar opposites with vast differences in preferences. I really do love that website and have purchased from them twice now and plan on going back. all their products are birdsafe, a good price, and the shipping is just amazingly quick. That way, if he doesn't like something, you can just rip it apart and use the parts in a different toy =) I'll take some photos in the next couple days for yah. Thus far, my new guy enjoys anything wood, especially the pink or red colors and has an attraction to pony beads.

I was originally going to purchase an English budgie so had purchased Balsa wood earlier. It took him all of 10 minutes to destroy an entire block but he really enjoys tearing it up and throwing it out of his cage. However, I've moved him to soft pine so he actually has to work at his destruction attempts.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Most of my birds seem to take a liking to foot toys, especially those little cat ball toys that they can carry around.

Mine like scrunched paper that they can rip and shred into tiny pieces....then watch ME clean up the mess. :lol:
Attachments
This is great as well
This is great as well
barrel of fun.jpg (74.66 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
This keeps them amused for some time to get the treat out.
This keeps them amused for some time to get the treat out.
snack rack.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
zeke3

Post by zeke3 »

thanks everyone i like seeing what other birds are into
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

hey pinkdevil,

I like the look of those toys. What happens once the bird figures it out though? Won't they just do the same thing to get it open the next time? Just wondering, cause I wouldn't mind getting that second one.

Regards

Shane
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

The ringies take a bit of time to keep figuring it out but the grey boy has worked it out and can solve it in around 20 mins. :lol: