WHAT MUTATION IS THIS

Moderator: Mods

SKYBOY

WHAT MUTATION IS THIS

Post by SKYBOY »

HI,
CAN ANYONE TELL ,WHAT MUTATION IS THIS, EDGED DILUTE OR PIED ?
THANKS
Attachments
MUTATION NAME ?
MUTATION NAME ?
333greenbean333

Re: WHAT MUTATION IS THIS

Post by 333greenbean333 »

wow, what a stunning bird!!
I would say it may be an ADM pied. But 100% sure
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
JURGENG

Post by JURGENG »

Hello,

I am the breeder of this birds it is a darkgreen pied of tribe the the american line of yanee salan

kindest regards
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Skyboy, it's a recessive adm pied. One of the characteristics are the clear cap on the skull and nape. The bird is an infant not yet in it's adult color. The intensity will diminish as with most adms. But it looks as if you may have a bird with matching clear flights. A beautiful bird.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

For interest sake, there is apparently a (European if I recall correctly) strain of the dominant pied mutation that looks almost exactly like the ADM pied, with the only other difference that the cocks regain their neck rings. However, the breeder pointed our that it is from the Salan line, so it is ADM recessive for sure.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Johan, the pied which is similar to the adm and gets a ring isn't dominant. The cocks I have seen displays a partial ring. This was incorrectly referred to as dominant and that error probably started out here at home. Most of these are aquired pieds which in my opinion breeds recessively.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

For the life of me I can't find the reference to the European bird. Perhaps Madas is familiar with such birds. So, until I can find it again, I will not push the point. Especially not with somebody that has spent significantly more time investigating pieds than myself.
JURGENG

Post by JURGENG »

Johan S wrote:For the life of me I can't find the reference to the European bird. Perhaps Madas is familiar with such birds. So, until I can find it again, I will not push the point. Especially not with somebody that has spent significantly more time investigating pieds than myself.

Hello Johan you must sen my a mail because i can not put my webadress

psittacula-mutations.be