2 out of 4 aint bad :0)

Moderator: Mods

cocoschick

2 out of 4 aint bad :0)

Post by cocoschick »

After having a disaster with breeding Lewis my hand tame lutino male & Sky my not tame Turquoise female last year we had success this year! Sky laid 4 eggs in May & on the 28th of May our 1st baby hatched on the 29th our 2nd! after waiting a few more days & after candeling the last 2 eggs we could tell the had not taken so we disposed of them.
We had to lock Lewis in his cage inside the aivery so he did not kill & consume the chicks like he did last year, so he could still feed Sky & they have done a great job! the chicks were getting fed regularly by mum!
I thought long & hard about when to start hand rearing as i hadn't done this before & decided to pull them at 2 weeks so 1 week ago i did, my husband made me a brooder (fish tank, heat mat & a temperature controlled thermostat, he's so ace at things like this) it's worked a treat! 1 week on & my babies are doing great they're on 4 hourly feeds through the day last feed at 11pm 1st at 7am & every time i feed them it's brill they are soooo cute :D they both are going to be blue or turquoise as their little pins are coming through which is exciting i can't wait to see them in full feather!

Had a look in the aivery & i think i saw lewis & sky breeding! mabe 2nd clutch this year? :D who knows!
IMG00381.jpg
IMG00381.jpg (52.84 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Attachments
IMG00378.jpg
IMG00378.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: 2 out of 4 aint bad :0)

Post by ringneck »

Aw, so cute! They are so ugly they are cute! ha ha ha! Love the photos and thanks for sharing :wink: !

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
pinkdevil

Re: 2 out of 4 aint bad :0)

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh wow, just look at their very full tummies! :D
Well done and congrats.