smoke anyone?

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Elivia

smoke anyone?

Post by Elivia »

Well Bluey now has a fascination with our smoke packets and lighters! We have to hide all packets and lighters. as soon as someone picks up a lighter he instantly thinks its his and tries to fly off with it. He has destryoed so many lighters its not funny! He is also getting into the habit of stealing a lit ciggarette out of our mouths! its so stressfull chasing after Bluey in our big house with a lit smoke! All i can think of is he's going to burn the house down, going to burn himself and he's in harms way of ciggarete smoke! We dont like smoking around him but sometimes he sees us walking through the house and he's off after us! If he sees a packet he knows how to lift the packet lid and help himself! We have even caught him going through the ashtray (which now we keep outside and away from harms way). We now smoke outside and keep all packets and lighters in a drawer. thank god he cant open drawers! I dont have any children but i swear he is like a child! If he can get into it - he will destroy it! If he cant get it he will do everything he possibly can too get it! If he cant have it and he can see it he will throw a tantrum and try and bite until he gets his way!
julie

Re: smoke anyone?

Post by julie »

Glad you now smoke outside away from your bird.
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Maybe he's just being protective and doesnt want you smoking :wink:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

haha Both my partner and I smoke.. (I gave up when I was pregnant, but started again dammit! and I would NEVER smoke indoors or around my babies, human, feathered or furred!) , Jibby absolutely HATES lighters! Specially bright coloured ones!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
turnershaun43

Post by turnershaun43 »

Does the bird will be affected if people do smoke?
Enephis

Post by Enephis »

Yes, cigarette smoke is bad anough for us humans, let alone birds. Their lungs are more sensitive than ours and they are more likely to get sick from it and die. When they breathe in, the air is passed through their lungs twice and that way they absorb more oxygen - plus anything else that happens to be in the air.

You should never, ever smoke around your bird. Ever.
tripledeke

Post by tripledeke »

I wished that I'd know about the, guess you'd say distructiveness of Ring Necks when I'd first got mine, by no means does that mean I wouldn't have gotten him, just means I would have been a lot more carefull of my shoes, glasses, chains, my computer gear, pens, an anything else he could have gotten his beak on.

Unfortunately my lil guy got out again on Thursday, this time I hadn't clipped his wing, but strangely didn't stick around, so I'm assuming that somethings chased him away.

You'r lil guy sounds adorable and cheeky as hell.