help with new indian ringneck

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

fatboylez

help with new indian ringneck

Post by fatboylez »

can anyone help me i am getting a indian ringneck in a few weeks he will be about 12 weeks old hand reared and am hoping to be getting another 2 in about 4 months they will babies when i get them the question is i wonder if anyone can tell me if it will haed to introduce them to the one that i will allready have can i put them all in the same cage or will i need another cage any help at all would be great thanks anita
pinkdevil

Re: help with new indian ringneck

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi,

I would think by the time you have bought your next 2 young irns, the first one would have made a nice home and claimed the space as his domain, plus being older of the 3.

Also depends on the size of the cage etc.

I would keep the second 2 in another cage and introduce the 3 slowly. If all goes well for a few weeks or so, the you could try seeing if they will all live happily together in the one cage.
Before allowing them all in the one cage together, I would advise changing the cage around totally with different perches, different positioning of perches, move feed and water around, change/add toys etc. You want to change the total look of the cage so the older one doesn't recognize it as his.