Getting a Second IRN

Moderator: Mods

Larj87

Getting a Second IRN

Post by Larj87 »

I am thinking about trying to get another IRN, obviously after I get the one I have now sexed, or figure out 100 percent if it is a boy or girl (I am thinking boy) But i am worried about how "he" will react to another bird, how do you introduce them, I am guessing it would be better to have two separate cages than to stick them in a cage together right away..I don't know if I am def going to get another one or not, and if I do it will be awhile I was just curious...
pinkdevil

Re: Getting a Second IRN

Post by pinkdevil »

A separate cage for the new ringneck would be the better option rather than placing both in the one cage. Petey may not like the idea of sharing his home with another bird or they may both just not get on.
Introducing them slowly to each other would be the way to go. Have them in their own cages close to each other so they can see the 'competition'. :D
If they seem to accept each other, than you could let them out together in a room and monitor them interacting. I find if I place toys around, they are more likely to play with toys than fight with each other. Having said that, it sometimes ends up them both wanting the SAME toy, no matter how many I place out. :roll:

They may have a small tiff to work out who is the boss etc. I let mine sort it out but only IF it is very minor argument. I do have 2 birds that I just can't let out together no matter what.
I have found most times I break up a tiff, they just don't give up.