Pongo, 02.08.2008 - 14.04.2010, RIP dear friend.

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

smallworld

Pongo, 02.08.2008 - 14.04.2010, RIP dear friend.

Post by smallworld »

We lost our Pongo yesterday morning....

I've no idea how. He was fine when i went to sleep and we played kiss kiss.. and my wife found him lying at the bottom of his cage upside down yesterday morning. He was barely 2 years old...

I cant understand how. I've ran it through my head a million times and I dont see what could have gone wrong..!! Its not the same anymore. When I wake up, its Good morning less to one bird. When I go to sleep its good night less to one bird. When I look at the corner where he used to be, he isnt there looking at me. He isn't talking to us or playing with his toys, he's just not coming back and its really hard to think of him but I dont want to forget him.

He was the best Red Crowned Parakeet anyone could ever have and we love him with all our hearts. I just wish when my time comes, I'd meet him again and I could say sorry for all the times I told him he wasnt being a good boy....and we could share a sour cream onion potato chip..

I wrote him a poem...but I feel its crap.. We burried him in the forest, i hope he sleeps well there...

I couldnt sleep last night thinking about him and when I think about him, the tears dont stop...oh I miss our little boy. This sounds crazy but I'm happy this section is here. I dont know where else to write an obituary for a bird. At least this way, I somehow can..
pinkdevil

Re: Pongo, 02.08.2008 - 14.04.2010, RIP dear friend.

Post by pinkdevil »

Really really sorry for you, your family and for Pongo. :( :(

Once the pain heals you may be able to remember Pongo with a smile of your face.

R.I.P. Pongo
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Really sorry for your loss :(

R.I.P Pongo
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

so sorry your lost your little bird buddy. they each take a little piece of our heart with them when they go. so sad, and its even harder wondering what went wrong and when.
he will be missed, try to look at his place in your home with fond memories of the little life you were privledged to enjoy for a short while.
he has his little angel wings now.
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Thank you pinkdevil, sheena and Joanie.

It will always be hard without Pongo because there were so many times in a day, we'd be talking about something and my wife or I would turn around and say, 'What would Pongo do huh?' and its always cute and funny to hear what he has to say. He always had something to say, even when you were on the phone, he'd try to join in... Or when there was a politician on tv or when we'd listen to songs, he would try to join in with his own version. Which often times, were off tune.. :) ..

We're all feeling a little better today and we will always continue to miss him.

Its nice to think that he has little angel wings now Joanie..thanks.
TravisBob

Pongo 02 08 2008 14 04 2010 RIP dear friend

Post by TravisBob »

Oh Cate, Im very sorry to hear that, 21 years is a very long time isnt it.

When we get back from the beach later, Ill raise my glass to Jemima, a lifelong friend to you and your family. RIP old girl.