Interesting new game

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

chjery

Interesting new game

Post by chjery »

Since I'm only about 2 weeks into living with Ringnecks, this is a fun and interesting new game that Eddy (my male) has picked up. I just clipped Eddy and Ella's wings last weekend so they can come out of their cage safely. This is my introduction post... http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=10395

I've been taking it slow with them and letting them out for about an hour a night to play on the top of their cage. Last night Eddy discovered it was really fun to pick up his toy (a kitty ball with a bell inside) and throw it off his cage!! My Pugs would run over to investigate, only to find out it wasn't food and go back to bed. I would, of course, walk over and give it back and he would throw it again. It was so funny to me because it was the first I have really seen him wanting to interact with me and he knew I would be coming to give it back every time he threw it. Birdie fetch, except I'm the fetcher!! :lol:
pinkdevil

Re: Interesting new game

Post by pinkdevil »

lol He is the master, you are the slave. :lol: How does that ALWAYS happen!! :P :wink:
chjery

Re: Interesting new game

Post by chjery »

pinkdevil wrote:lol He is the master, you are the slave. :lol: How does that ALWAYS happen!! :P :wink:
You are absolutely right!! But I love it because I'm getting some positive interaction with him. And Ella is learning that I'm fun to hang out with, instead of a BIG scary beast!! :shock: :lol: She is chilling out with me and not being so afraid because Eddy accepts me. He is definitely the leader. I know, they say females are in charge, but with these guys, he rules the roost. I win him over and I've got her too!