Toys on the floor of cage

Moderator: Mods

lola13

Toys on the floor of cage

Post by lola13 »

My two are now starting to go on the bottom of the cage to play should I put some foot toys on there for them?
Azballa7

Re: Toys on the floor of cage

Post by Azballa7 »

Im assuming you are talking about the bottom of your cage?? Does the cage have a grate to seperate the bird from its droppings? You probably could...but I personally would not. I would be too worried about the birds toys and the birds themselves playing in/near their own droppings.

What if you brought the bird outside of the cage and gave them toy balls and etc to play with on a tabletop?
ellieelectrons

Re: Toys on the floor of cage

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi lola

Something I read suggested that you should try to entice your bird to use the full size of its cage. However, I generally try not to leave toys on the bottom of the cage as they tend to poop on them. However, I do have a free hanging coop cup that I usually put foot toys in that attaches to the side of the cage. I usually leave it near the bottom of the cage without it being right at the bottom. Every day, Janey and Charlie pull them out, play with them and then throw them on the floor and I rescue them later in the day and clean them off if they have been pooped on.

Ellie.