Skittles Progress - Talking & Gender Change, lol

Moderator: Mods

tracymulder

Skittles Progress - Talking & Gender Change, lol

Post by tracymulder »

Just had to share with everyone here, I had posted back a while ago that i was having problems getting my new IRN to get used to my hands or know the difference between a good and bad beaking.
Well that isn't much better but never the less I am having the time of my life with my IRN and the conversations I am able to have, he talks up a storm.
He sings songs that I have made up about him and that I sing to him, he doesn't just talk he also asks questions and has conversations, my grown daughters thought i was nuts in telling them this but they have seen it for their own eyes.
He will say what are you doing? I will say whatever it is I am doing, he will say.....Skittles is mommies baby girl? I will say yes you are...he will say, Skittles be gentle and give mommy a kiss? and then he will say Skittles is a good birdie for being gentle.

lol he says many other things as well but what I came on here to say was actually not so much about his talking ability but about the fact that I have had him since Jan 2012 and he was born on Nov 2012......I always had reservations about him being a male even though I was purchasing a female and the breeder I bought him from gave me a certificate with him that confirms he was supposed to be a female, DNA proven.

Well, he has always displayed in front of the mirror and his tail is crazy long, so i was questioning it since the beginning but then i just said oh I am probably wrong, now he is going through his first molt and low and behold are black and beautiful blue and rose coloured feathers growing in around his neck.
So now I have to get him to call himself mommy's baby boy instead of mommy's baby girl, lol.
ranechild

Re: Skittles Progress - Talking & Gender Change, lol

Post by ranechild »

Wow! That's nice to have a little conversation like that. I'm looking forward to the day when Fats might utter his first word.
I wonder what the error rate is of DNA sexing? Anyone have a statistic?
Dean0

Post by Dean0 »

According to their advertising, DNA sexing is 99.9% accurate. If you believe in truth in advertising.
Just another bird brain
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Some food for thought. My breeder bought what he was told was a juvenile DNA'd female ringneck. At 2 years old it became obvious the bird was a male. For another two years he could not get fertile eggs out of the pair with that bird. He took the bird to the vet to see if something was wrong. They found him to have no sex organs. So he displayed male and tested female. Very odd lol
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D