Naptime / Sleep Schedule

Moderator: Mods

paandajean

Naptime / Sleep Schedule

Post by paandajean »

Hi there!

I've had my little darling Alastor [he's a rescue, no idea how old he is] for about a year and a half.

We went through a scare many months ago where he stopped eating suddenly, and was sitting on the bottom of his cage. He had a bacterial infection. After antibiotics, his appetite came back and all seemed well. Since then I'm a bit of a worrywart. I noticed he's very active in the mornings and evenings, but takes a lot of little cat-naps. It's like eat, nap, groom, play, nap, eat some more...you get the drill. He stands on one foot during the evenings, but during the day napping, he'll be on 2 feet. Should I be worried?
And should he be napping often? His appetite is great (albeit picky as always) so I thought I'd come here for some experienced advice.

Thank you so much! :mrgreen:

Amanda
lolagirl

Re: Naptime / Sleep Schedule

Post by lolagirl »

My Lola does that too. My other birds are very active and never nap. But Lola will... she'll sleep on both feet too and sometimes she'll stand on just one. I think its fairly normal from what I've read.
paandajean

Re: Naptime / Sleep Schedule

Post by paandajean »

Thank you - I used to be gone during the day, so I had no idea if this was a new behavior or not, or if I should be worried. He's super due for a wellness exam and a nail trim soon anyways, but it eases my worries that there are other two feet nappers out there. :D