Photobucket BS

Moderator: Mods

trabots

Photobucket BS

Post by trabots »

I have noticed when going through previous threads that if images are moved from 'library' into an 'album' the link is destroyed.
I have moved all of my images to an album named 'Trabots images' and will add new ones to that album. I wanted to be able to allow anyone to view the images but after creating an album I still have no idea how to achieve that. I clicked on the option making the album 'public' to no avail. I tried 'search'ing for the album using the exact name 'Trabots images' without success. I tried contacting Photobucket and received a non-human response with no answers. I want to also create an album called 'Trabots birds 4 sale' so that anyone can access the images instead of having to individually send off images. Has anyone cracked the secret procedure to allow public viewing of albums in Photobucket? Cheers.
MissK

Re: Photobucket BS

Post by MissK »

Trabots, I can't assist with that, but I did just make a Photobucket account so I could place IRN pictures on some Forum somewhere.............

Thanks for the heads-up, at least.

-MissK
-MissK
madas

Post by madas »

trabots wrote:I have noticed when going through previous threads that if images are moved from 'library' into an 'album' the link is destroyed.
I have moved all of my images to an album named 'Trabots images' and will add new ones to that album. I wanted to be able to allow anyone to view the images but after creating an album I still have no idea how to achieve that. I clicked on the option making the album 'public' to no avail. I tried 'search'ing for the album using the exact name 'Trabots images' without success. I tried contacting Photobucket and received a non-human response with no answers. I want to also create an album called 'Trabots birds 4 sale' so that anyone can access the images instead of having to individually send off images. Has anyone cracked the secret procedure to allow public viewing of albums in Photobucket? Cheers.
Hi Willi,

create a new album. Standard option for sharing is public see here:

After creating upload the pics of your choice. If done go back to Library and click on the new album. On the right side you should see the following options:

Use the one in the red rectangle. After link is copied to the clipboard you can use it to post here within an URL-tag.

Hope this helps.

Here is a test album from my account:

http://s1285.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... /Ringnecks

greetings.

madas
trabots

Post by trabots »

Cheers, I did exactly that. My album's name is 'Trabots images' and it is 'public' but try searching for it.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

No results found
It will probably work if every image would be called trabot1 trabots2 etc..
then searching for trabots will bring all those images up
Search ignores Album names it seems, only searches for pics, vids, etc

PS I like the title :lol:
Last edited by Ring0Neck on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Willy and everybody,

... and what about creating a new "psittacula world"-like , with both text and pics, so that we could add new pics and information to update it when new mutations and knowledge is available? It would become a reference document for all of us. As Johan wrote some days ago there are a lot of breeders in this forum with enough genetic knowledge to accurately class alleles, mutations, combos, ... We could even collaborate in planing our pairings to study crossing over rates, to study epistasis, .... like it is done by Inte in Mutavi.

Regards

Recio
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Recio

I'm up for that.

I can contribute with domain name, website & hosting it, emails etc. no cost
access to upload pics etc to trusted members....

8 3 IV
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

trabots wrote:I have noticed when going through previous threads that if images are moved from 'library' into an 'album' the link is destroyed.
I have moved all of my images to an album named 'Trabots images' and will add new ones to that album. I wanted to be able to allow anyone to view the images but after creating an album I still have
I just tried it with 5 of my photos that I have on here (the forum) as a test, and the link remains unbroken. All I did was move the 5 from my library into an album I created and made sure that it was available to the public- (the option was already checked)...so I don't know unless you album isn't on public like you thought?

http://s21.beta.photobucket.com/user/Sp ... /ringnecks#

When you click on a picture, there will be an 'options' drop down menu- from that menu click on 'move' then select the album to move it to.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Could you post the link to your album 'Trabots images'? Might give us some insight as to what went wrong.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Recio wrote:Hi Willy and everybody,

... and what about creating a new "psittacula world"-like , with both text and pics, so that we could add new pics and information to update it when new mutations and knowledge is available? It would become a reference document for all of us.

Regards

Recio
I'd be up for that :)
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Ring0Neck wrote:Recio

I'm up for that.

8 3 IV
I'd be very keen on that. :D

I've wanted to do it for a very long time, but it is too big a project for a single person to do properly, unless they have a lot of free time. And I don't know many people like that.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Johan S wrote:
Ring0Neck wrote:Recio

I'm up for that.

8 3 IV
I'd be very keen on that. :D

I've wanted to do it for a very long time, but it is too big a project for a single person to do properly, unless they have a lot of free time. And I don't know many people like that.

Continued here:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 26&t=16617
trabots

Post by trabots »

Could you post the link to your album 'Trabots images'? Might give us some insight as to what went wrong.
Here you go:

http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... es?src=wap
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

trabots wrote:
Here you go:

http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... es?src=wap
I found this:
http://support.photobucket.com/entries/ ... This-Image

Hopefully this helps
trabots

Post by trabots »

That is all well and good and I understood that however I have not changed the album since it was created. I take it that search is for the name of an image only and you cannot search for an album? It will not let me uncreate the album so that the images therein go back to 'library'. It is a real shame that the images I have previously posted are now lost to this forum.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Trabots,

I just did a little test. I took a photo from Library, moved it to a locked album, and then moved it back to Library. Is that what you wanted to do, or am I oversimplifying?

-MissK
-MissK
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

trabots wrote:That is all well and good and I understood that however I have not changed the album since it was created. I take it that search is for the name of an image only and you cannot search for an album? It will not let me uncreate the album so that the images therein go back to 'library'. It is a real shame that the images I have previously posted are now lost to this forum.
Search will bring up albums that it finds- it didn't find any of yours though (have no idea why-as mine came up in a search) maybe it's because it isn't in a category?

I believe the reason why your images have disappeared from displaying is because the image code has been changed-

So, while your images may seem 'lost' and to most they probably are- they can be retrieved by deleting the link information at the search tool bar, and then click on the 'sorry this image is moved or deleted' image and slide it to the search bar---- it will then come up with your photobucket page (if it's unlocked)- all you then have to do is click on the left hand side of the menu bar and you will find 'Trabots images' there- you have to search (and for the rest of us, and know what you're looking for) through the images to find the picture, but it's there. PITA but better than nothing.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Cheers. I wanted to put the images back into my 'library' so that the links to images posted on this forum are then restored. How did you get them back into 'library'?
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Cheers. I wanted to put the images back into my 'library' so that the links to images posted on this forum are then restored. How did you get them back into 'library'?
To get them back into your library, select the 'organize' link in blue, (roughly above the first picture in the album) then click on a picture you want to move (it will highlight a boarder in blue) and then look at the options on the bottom of the screen there will be; delete- move- tag- create story and link- select the 'move' option and select 'library'.

you can move multiple photos by selecting the first with your mouse and then holding shift and Ctrl while clicking on the others you also wish to move.

I did a few tests moving back and forwards and it seems to work- only one picture got its link broken but was restored when moved back to its' original location- so it seems there might be a few bugs with the new layout that will need patching, but hopefully this helps.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

try checking all of these boxes from the 'albums' tab:
http://support.photobucket.com/entries/ ... ms-Setting
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

ah, I see you sorted it :D
trabots

Post by trabots »

Chocobo wrote:ah, I see you sorted it :D
Cheers. I moved the images back to my 'library' and thus restored most of the links. Some images however still are un-linked in the forum. Ironically now the search function will find my album Trabots images although now empty. It would be nice to copy and move rather than cut and move.