Female ringneck makes NO noise at all

Moderator: Mods

big_ron

Female ringneck makes NO noise at all

Post by big_ron »

Hello,

I purchased two indian ring necks a few months ago. 1 male 1 female. they seem to be bonded at the pet shop so i kept them together.

They are in a large case inside my house and i let them out a few times per week to have free range. I did clip their wings when i 1st got them
But ive decided to breed them and not have them as pets. The male is very noisy during the day but i have never herd the female make any noise what so ever.

Has anyone herd of this before or can shed some insight on why this could be.??
madmart33

Re: Female ringneck makes NO noise at all

Post by madmart33 »

My male Ringneck is exactly the same, doesn't tweet or chirp and I will not hear a thing from him apart from a crunching or grinding noise after he has eaten a meal!!!!!!! I've taken him to a vet but the vet said as long as he is eating fine and sufficiently then there is nothing to worry about!!!!

Is there anyone else here who has a completely silent Indian Ringneck???
phoenixrising

Post by phoenixrising »

I have just brought a new Indian Ringneck and Griffon wont make a sound either, I was a bit worried at first but I think they just need time to settle in :)
madmart33

Post by madmart33 »

I dont think so, I just think some are quiet being their temprament as Ive had Rudi now for over 6 months and he still doesnt make much noise!!!!! However im happy as he is eating well and enjoys his time on his Java tree lol!!!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I had Sanjay for many months before he tweeted his first tweet now I can't shut him up!,
big_ron

Post by big_ron »

I actually caught her making noises the other day! she just maybe quiet. ive been told females can be fairly quiet untill its time to bread.