Pooping when I get close?!

Moderator: Mods

Carly_angel

Pooping when I get close?!

Post by Carly_angel »

Ziggy has been home for just under a fortnight, last week I got him a string toy. It's not been touched, I think he hates it. Since putting it in he poops whenever I go near him. Why?! Shall I just take it out? I think it might have been too much too soon :s I just want him to be happy but don't know how to help as I thought he would need a toy :s HELP!
MissK

Re: Pooping when I get close?!

Post by MissK »

Interesting.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Bird brain house

Post by Bird brain house »

If you are after some toy ideas mine love Lego :wink: and they also get a lot of entertainment from small stuffed toys
Carly_angel

Post by Carly_angel »

Great ok, thank you I will try that in the morning :) how do you give Lego? Ziggy seems to prefer to be in the top of the cage...
Bird brain house

The kids tub of Lego is near the cage and pieces are often left on the floor, whenever the birds are out they check for stray pieces and chase each other around the floor for them ( they are both clipped ) they have taken to stashing them under a wardrobe, along with the maths counters, some pipe cleaners, a length of fish tank tubing, pegs, etc. They are very cheeky :lol:
Bird brain house

Yesterday I put some of those colored beads that go on push bike spokes onto the wire of the cage, they have been enjoying playing with them and they don't take up any 'cage space'
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Regarding pooping, birds will quite often poop before they get ready to take off - I guess it makes them that little bit lighter for flight. So, if your bird is still a little apprehensive when you come by, it may be that it is pooping when you approach in order to get ready for flight. I don't think it's anything to worry about though.

Ellie.
Carly_angel

Post by Carly_angel »

Ahh cool thanks so much chaps! I moved the toy down a bit and have given a strawberry to say sorry for any stress :) he seems much happier and hasn't pooped at mme all day ;) much more vocal too this evening! X