Anyone have any pics of Olives

Moderator: Mods

Crayon Parrots

Anyone have any pics of Olives

Post by Crayon Parrots »

Anyone have any pics of True olives as babies and adults? I have a little baby I was told may be olive. I will post pics when ever this thing clears me as non spam. He looks like the baby on the far right in the pic of the post titled "Golden Olive or Cinnamon Green???" His tail is lightly tipped with yellowish so far. He is also about the same age as the babies in that post.
Ring0Neck

Re: Anyone have any pics of Olives

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi,

Firstly, tell us the parents of your young ringneck.
I think after 10 posts and 2? weeks after rego you can post pics

83IV
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

I looked up that thread that you mentioned- and it was determined that the first chick was a GreyGreen Cinnamon (called a golden olive or a golden cherry in some countries- and nothing to do with true Olive) the second chick was a standard green, and the third chick a GreyGreen (often mistakenly called an Olive because of its colour).

read more about the different mutations and how they behave here:
http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
madas

Post by madas »

Crayon Parrots wrote:Anyone have any pics of True olives as babies and adults? I have a little baby I was told may be olive. I will post pics when ever this thing clears me as non spam. He looks like the baby on the far right in the pic of the post titled "Golden Olive or Cinnamon Green???" His tail is lightly tipped with yellowish so far. He is also about the same age as the babies in that post.
A true olive has very dark green flight feathers (a true visible green shine) and a greygreen hasn't (dark grey shine).

madas
Crayon Parrots

Post by Crayon Parrots »

I dont know the parents. He is probably a grey green, which is fine with me. Just wanted to know what he was. I will post pics when I can . I do post pics on an indian ringneck page on fb. Its main pic is a greens head if u want to see pics of mine.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Olive YHYT
Crayon Parrots

Post by Crayon Parrots »