Blue Female and Green Male starting to fight (Australia)

Moderator: Mods

Trine80

Blue Female and Green Male starting to fight (Australia)

Post by Trine80 »

Good Morning,
I have a 8 year old male (green) and female (blue), they have been in the same cage now for about 4 months and after a couple of inital hickups they have been really good, sharing food and being quite nice to each other. Not overly friendly sitting next to each other or anything, but eating and the same time no biting etc.
The blue was added to our family after she needed a new home, I bought a new larger cage for them to share.
The past few days the green male seems to be a little agressive towards her and today it looked like they were fighting (no blood ir serious injury). She used to rule the roost in the cage but she was never as nasty as he is being now. What should I do. He does still have his bells in the new cage and he does seem to be affectionate towards them.
Should I take the toys out and replace them with new ones? Should I just take the toys out for the moment?
Should I remove him or her from the cage?
He is also being narky towards me when I change his food and water etc
I am not sure what the right thing to do is... Is he trying to mate with her and she isn't willing or is he being protective of his beloved bells?
Any advice would be wonderful.