New IRN owner. Have a Lutino breeding pair and a baby grey

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Whinney48

New IRN owner. Have a Lutino breeding pair and a baby grey

Post by Whinney48 »

Hi folks! I have had cockatiels up until now and first purchased a handfed baby grey IRN who is so cute and sweet. His name is Lucky. I enjoyed him so much that I purchased a Lutino breeding pair. Beautiful birds! The male has his ring, Clyde, and the female is four years old, Bonnie. I also purchased their large cage and nesting box. Well, after a few weeks she started laying eggs! There are four in there but I don't know if they are fertile.

I am going to read the posts about candling. First egg was laid July 6 and the last one July 15. She has been very diligent as far a sitting. I never saw them breed, but I thought they were just shy! Anyways, I'm hoping to get some babies. I have a lady who hand feeds babies, so they will make better pets.

I'm excited to see this forum and now I'm going to start reading posts.... I live in IL, across the river from St Louis, MO. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.