Babies question!

Moderator: Mods

jess8789

Babies question!

Post by jess8789 »

Hi,
I'm new to IRN's and breeding them and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what colour babies I can expect from a blue hen and green cock. Their parent's colours are unknown. I tried to attach a pic of them but it keeps saying 'board quota has been reached'.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!. :)
Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings a tune without the words, and never stops at all.
ellieelectrons

Re: Babies question!

Post by ellieelectrons »

You'll find information on posting pics here:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =4&t=15060

Ellie.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

if the green bird is not split blue you will get a green birds and all split blue , if it is split blue you will get blue birds and green birds split blue
jess8789

Post by jess8789 »

Hi mikeb

Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm new to this. what does 'split' actually mean? Like if I had green birds split blue does that mean they'll be green with a little blue through them? Sorry again.
Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings a tune without the words, and never stops at all.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

no you can't see the difference between all color birds be it green, blue, yellow, etc. if it's split or not it just means it's carrying the gene that it's split to . the only way to find out if a bird is split is by knowing the history of the parents or breeding them to find out. do a search on indian ringneck genetics and you should find some info that will explain it better then once you get the general idea you can go to www. gencalc.com and get the results of any breeding combo
jess8789

Post by jess8789 »

Hi mikeb

Thanks for your reply. I'll definately do some research on it and thanks for the link to genetic calculator.

Cheers :)