best place to rub??

Moderator: Mods

chuckles

best place to rub??

Post by chuckles »

what is irn and arn favorite place to get rubbed or cuddled?
Zahraa

Re: best place to rub??

Post by Zahraa »

The title sounds abit dirty LOL
i would say its best to scratch thier heads, mine does thie wierd sound when i do and sometimes he would say hello paulie or meow softly as i scratch his head :)
chuckles

Post by chuckles »

do they like to be rubbed in the area under their wings?
claire31

Post by claire31 »

my irn is now 7months old and i started stroking her from her head to her neck, we got her at 10weeks old, as her trust in me has grown i can now stroke her all the way down her back to her tail, her tummy and now under her wings she will now lift a wing for a gentle little tickle. she now likes neck rubs as well, i needed to do all this to get her used to being handled so i could get an aviator harness on her for when we go outside. she loves to shoulder sit though but the only time to get her to cuddle is after shes had a shower with either myself or hubby, i wrap her in a handtowel and give her a rub down to dry her off and she will happily cuddle for 5 mins like that.
mattcoffs

Post by mattcoffs »

claire31 wrote:my irn is now 7months old and i started stroking her from her head to her neck, we got her at 10weeks old, as her trust in me has grown i can now stroke her all the way down her back to her tail, her tummy and now under her wings she will now lift a wing for a gentle little tickle. she now likes neck rubs as well,
I had the same experience. My bird hated me touching her tail/wings/feet at first but now she's pretty much good with all of those. Haven't quite got her comfortable laying on her back or letting me extend her wings out yet... We're working on those. I'd like to harness train her too!
claire31

Post by claire31 »

to mattcoffs
my advice would be to get the aviator harness slightly more expensive than others but i reckon the best, i tried doing as the dvd suggested and was patient but was taking too long so decided to go for it and put it on ollie, this tactic worked fine for her and me might not do so for other birds though depends on their personality i guess, i also use a face washer to cover her head sometimes this she is used to as she allows me to wrap her totally in a towel to dry her after having a shower so i can give her a rub down, and she plays peekaboo under rugs so shes quite content with having her head covered. she also now knows what "ollie outside" means ive tried to post a pic with her in her harness but this site does not let me and we cant work out how to do so.