Macaw Kisses! Not IRN related

Moderator: Mods

Datsun and Family

Macaw Kisses! Not IRN related

Post by Datsun and Family »

Now this is not about Ringnecks but I wanted to share my video of getting Macaw kisses at Auckland Zoo. You cant really make it out in the movie but he is patting me on the nose with his tongue.

http://dropshots.com/day.php?userid=46846&currentDate=20060106&currentTime=162124

They are such majestic creatures and I envy those of you like Athena who get to share their lives with such a beautiful animal. When I am more stable and have MUCH more space I will be in the market for a Macaw but for now I will settle for kisses between bars.
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

aww! how beautiful Chamon .. you look as captivated by the mccaw as I was by the red tailed black cockatoo I got to spend time with :D

Rare treats for us, where these more majestic birds are not that common, therefore very expensive and hard to aquire.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That boy was trying to slip you da tongue! lmao
~ Mikaela Sky

Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

LOL, yep, thats a blue and gold. They are tongue monsters. Dayo likes to try and stick his up my nose.... argh!

Oddly enough, even though Mazzie is a bird hater, she likes Dayo. There has never been an issue between them. They dont interact physically of course, but she never screams at him for being on me, nor does he ever have fits about her. Both are very jealous birds, but they seem to understand about eachother.

Athena
diz-awn

Post by diz-awn »

macaws have a specail place in my heart.... I hope soon to buy some land of my own and when I do, I will adopt rescues.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Kudos ! to you diz-awn, what a wonderful ambition. I will pray that you get that land of yours and very soon :)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless