bird beds?

Moderator: Mods

theAteam

bird beds?

Post by theAteam »

are bird beds worth it? would the birds actually use them?
I can't pot a picture but it basically looks like an igloo made from soft material.
ellieelectrons

Re: bird beds?

Post by ellieelectrons »

Do you mean the triangular, tent like ones? I put them in their cage during winter & I've seen them sleep in them but only on cold nights. I've heard a parrot behaviorist say he doesn't like them because they encourage nesting behavior.

Hope that helps.

Ellie.
theAteam

Post by theAteam »

not the triangular ones, the ones that look like igloos, almost round with a hole. they look comfy, I might get some for winter if they are likely to use it. i guess it also gives them privacy if they need some (seeing a they will be in our living space).
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hmmm, haven't seen those but I think the same would apply. Just watch to check whether your bird is scared of it - you may need to introduce it slowly.

Ellie.
Tan tan

Post by Tan tan »

Hi, We have a triangle one and my bird loves it, was thinking about taking it out just recently as the australian summer is upon us but I noticed my bird was in it at night again the other night so I guess I'll leave it in the cage
joejo85

Post by joejo85 »

I'm going to buy one for my bird & see if he likes it
QPs Dad

Post by QPs Dad »

We use one of the triangle tent looking ones. QP loves to jump in at any time of the day and destroy it. He made a massive hole in the bottom of it, so I turned it upside down and now hes starting on the new bottom. Sometimes he sleeps inside, sometimes perched on top of it. He loves it. For $25, Im happy to buy a new one everytime the old one gets too tatty and dangerous.