New ringneck mama!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

WickedOne

New ringneck mama!

Post by WickedOne »

Hello, my name is Sarah, and I am the new proud mama to a female albino Indian Ringneck. I purchased her from a friend of mine, and recently brought her home. She is seven months old, and I'm very excited to have her.
I'm no stranger to birds in general, having a flock of four cockatiels that I've had for years now. However, my only exposure to ringnecks was when I was babysitting one for a local breeder. That's when I fell in love with the breed, and I'd been pining for one ever since.
I made sure to do my research when I found this baby before I brought her home, but naturally issues arise that I wasn't expecting. I made sure to ask the knowledgeable owner of the shop I got her from, but the articles on this site have already helped immensely when I was feeling hopeless (specifically the bluffing issue).
I look forward to getting to know everyone as I get to know my baby girl (whom I've named Luna after Luna Lovegood), and am anticipating the end of the bluffing stage.

Nice to meet you! :D