URGENT!!! injured baby... Need help!!

Moderator: Mods

S.holley

URGENT!!! injured baby... Need help!!

Post by S.holley »

Hi I'm really worried about my Indian ringneck she's only 14 weeks old, she was flying around the house and her neck got caught in a door, we took her straight to the vet, she couldn't stand keep her head up or move any part off her body the vet said we should make our minds up by the same afternoon If she hadn't made any progress cause it could be nerve damage spine damage or just shock and bad bruising, It's now the next morning and she is still eating and drinking not solids but mashed up apple and juice, she is now shaking her tail quiet well slightly moving her wings and can hold her head up she is also making noises, but she still can't stand on her own as she has no balance she just falls to one side, could anyone please give me some advice on how I can help her what is best to feed her and just any advice u may have or if u have been through I similar situation, please just anything. THANK YOU!
rod038

Re: URGENT!!! injured baby... Need help!!

Post by rod038 »

Just keep doing what your doing and feeding her what she will eat for now. Any soft fruit. Also keep her warm. Eating and drinking is a good sign.