Blue and silver pairing - what's the possible mutations?

Moderator: Mods

Wessel Gordon

Blue and silver pairing - what's the possible mutations?

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Hi everyone

I have no knowledge of mutations so I hope the knowledgeable people would make sense of my post if I describe the colors as I see it.

I have a "sky blue" female (same shade of blue all over except for darker wing tips) that's sitting on her first clutch of eggs. Her male is silver except for the wing tips that's a light brown. I haven't seen any of the parents of the pair so I can't say which latent mutation they might be carrying. Which mutations are possible from this pairing?

Kind regards,
Wessel
ad1671

Re: Blue and silver pairing - what's the possible mutations?

Post by ad1671 »

Wessel Gordon wrote:Hi everyone

I have no knowledge of mutations so I hope the knowledgeable people would make sense of my post if I describe the colors as I see it.

I have a "sky blue" female (same shade of blue all over except for darker wing tips) that's sitting on her first clutch of eggs. Her male is silver except for the wing tips that's a light brown. I haven't seen any of the parents of the pair so I can't say which latent mutation they might be carrying. Which mutations are possible from this pairing?

Kind regards,
Wessel
assuming that there is no split from your pairing... here is the result

1.0 grey(sf) blue cinnamon x 0.1 blue cinnamon

% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue cinnamon
50.0% 1.0 blue cinnamon
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue cinnamon
50.0% 0.1 blue cinnamon

the would be offsprings would be the same as the color of the parents....
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Thanks ad1671.

So if I understand that correctly 50% would look like the female and 50% like the male?
ad1671

Post by ad1671 »

Wessel Gordon wrote:Thanks ad1671.

So if I understand that correctly 50% would look like the female and 50% like the male?
yah... meaning it could produce both grey cinnamon and blue cinnamon... and if it produced grey cinnamon(silver) or blue cinnamon(sky blue) it could be cock or hen. you can not determine the gender by their color except through dna or when matured already.
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Would be interesting to see if there's any split I'm not aware of.
ad1671

Post by ad1671 »

Wessel Gordon wrote:Would be interesting to see if there's any split I'm not aware of.
yah thats true... if your pairing produced other mutation aside from cinnamon grey or cinnamon blue, there are splits youre not aware of