Lucas birds and plans for the future!

Moderator: Mods

Lucas

Lucas birds and plans for the future!

Post by Lucas »

dog_glenn123 wrote:Lucas thats just a start if you would like to go indepth about it just ask and i will try and help.

Ta Glenn
ok, thanks...

i have now 2 pair of IRN's, one is male and female cinnamonblue (in belgium also named hemelsblauw = skybleu) thats 18-20 years old!
i bought it 3 years ago, raised last year 5 youngster of 5 eggs, this year 3 youngsters of 5 eggs

the second coupple is dark green (1 darkfactor) possible split bleu X kobalt = 1 darkfactor bleu
iff the male is split bleu i can get: all 3 greens (green, dark green, olive but split blue) and al 3 blau colors (blue, kobalt and mauve), both of 2010 birthyear
the plan is next year give this pair a nest and put the eggs with the cinnamonbleu for raising up, because there only 2 years old and i'm not sure the already can raised the youngsters them selves, IFF!!!! the have eggs hé!!!

the plan is, iff the finance works out alright :D, to breed one time "violet kobalt pied"!!

how can i start and what do i buy to get there with my birds and new IRN's?

ps: sorry for my bad englisch!!
Greatings from Flanders, Belgium!!!

Lucas
dog_glenn123

Re: Lucas birds and plans for the future!

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Well you hav a start as you have cobalt!
produce a cobalt blue and pair it to a violet,
then introduce the pied gene in the blue series to make it
a quiker process.
dom pied prefered because again it will produce offspring straight away that are pied.

Ta Glenn
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

the best is to take a female youngster from the pair D-green/??bleu?? X D-bleu (= kobalt) and pair it to a male violet i think?
there is no male kobalt from this pair é

but the violet, there ar also ther birds with 1 or 2 factors violet i see on gencalc????

Lucas
madas

Post by madas »

Lucas wrote:the best is to take a female youngster from the pair D-green/??bleu?? X D-bleu (= kobalt) and pair it to a male violet i think?
there is no male kobalt from this pair é

but the violet, there ar also ther birds with 1 or 2 factors violet i see on gencalc????
Yeah thats sounds right. I would by a violet (DF) or turquoise violet (DF violet). So all youngsters of the new pair will carry the violett gen. Why turquoise? Pied birds which carry the turquoise gen look much more nicer then without. but this is only my personal view. here is an example of a turquoise violet rec. pied

So for your new pair:

1.0 blue violet(df) x 0.1 D blue
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 blue violet(sf)
50.0% 1.0 D blue violet(sf)
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 blue violet(sf)
50.0% 0.1 D blue violet(sf)

So this means the hole offspring is either violet blue or cobalt violet.
As i read you live in belgium. Right? Then you can contact WILLY DE HERDT.
He breeds a lot of Violet DF birds. Look at vogelarena.com.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

yesterday i have take a look in the nestbox and..... a egg!!! for my cinnamonbleu!!
this is the second time this year that they have eggs, she already have 5 eggs and 3 youngsters this year,
i'l always thougt that IRN only have one nest a year.......;

Lucas
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Lucas wrote:but the violet, there ar also ther birds with 1 or 2 factors violet i see on gencalc????
is there a visualy different between a EF and a DF, that you can see with the eye?

Lucas
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Lucas,

Differences between SF and DF violet? It depends on strains:

In european strains SF and DF violets are very similar. You can find a higher % of deeper violet among DF violets that among SF violets, but for a single bird, just looking at it, you can never say if it is DF or SF violet.

In australian strains violet really acts as an incomplete dominant mutation and DF violets are clearly different (deeper violet) than SF violets, even in the nest, at feathering.

Recio
AniVar_1

Post by AniVar_1 »

Proper Diet For Your Parrot

Fresh clean water is a must.
How you provide your parrots water is a personal preference.
You can provide water in a bowl or a water bottle.
It is very important to sterilize any container that you use daily.
If you use a bowl make sure that it isn't in a place that can come in contact with feces. Fresh clean water must be provided at all times.

A parrots diet is an important key ingredient to a happy healthy bird.
First off it is helpful to know when parrots eat in the wild.
They forage twice a day for food.
In the morning and evening.
So plan on two meals for your companion a day.
Offering a variety of tastes and textures is a way to avoid boredom and discourage a picky eater.
A good pellet diet is a good base to start with.
Offer fruits and veggies daily.
A few treats from the table are also good for your birds mental health. Parrots need that special attention from their human flock. Just make sure that the treats from the table are low in salt and sugar. And make sure that what you give as a treat is not toxic for birds.