Hello! new mommy to a baby IRN

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

bbyazul

Hello! new mommy to a baby IRN

Post by bbyazul »

I am new to this so i dont even know if im posting this in the right place! if not, i apoligize. My mom owns IRN couple (which arnt tamed) and recently had 2 babies. For some reason, the mum didnt give them much attention, and one IRN died. Afraid for the other IRN baby to die, i took it away from its mum to raise it on my own. its been going great! (i think!) THANKS to this site, ive learned soo much, but i feel since its small (im guessing 3-4 weeks) i should know alot more! soo any advice is welcome!!
thanks, Lety.
i feed "Azul" at 6am, 10am,2pm,6pm, and last feeding at 11pm
SCB -SA

Re: Hello! new mommy to a baby IRN

Post by SCB -SA »

hi there, you doing great, although your last feed is quite late for your baba, as over night the crop should be allowed to empty entirely to avoid old food not being digested and going sour in the crop, try feeding at 6am, 10, 2, then try stretch to say 5 and one last time at say 7.30 /8 obviously just a smaller feed, i found this has worked great for all my babies i have raised from 3 weeks old and upwards...

they are just too adorable at that age, and a great age to bond with!

all the best !
bbyazul

Post by bbyazul »

ohh good, ok ill change the time feedings :) thank yuu so much! another thing i was wondering, should i hold and spend more time with the baby now? or would that make it harder for me like over night? what if it doesnt wana be put back in the cage over night cus ive been spending to much time with him/her?
let me kno when yuu have a chance :)
thanks again!
any other tips or hints are greatly appreciated!!
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

hold and love and cuddle to your hearts content, just not for a half hour to an hour after feeding, as if you accidently put to much pressure on the crop, it can force food back up and into the lungs which would cause your baby to aspirate (very bad).

Best thing to do, is set a bed time from now for your baby and stick to it, say your 8 pm feed is the last, take Azull out and play with him from 7, feed him at 8 and put him to bed.

Same thing in the morning, wake up, takke him out, give a quick cuddle and kiss and feed him, but now is the best time to start the routine. but give as much attention as you like, just set limits, when its bed time it is bed time, and baba goes to bed and cage etc gets covered and baby goes to sleep. you might find he will moan a bit but let him be, give him a fluffly toy if need be for company.

Hope this helps
bbyazul

Post by bbyazul »

Thanks so much!! you are a big help :)
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

only a pleasure, post some pics of the little guy for us all to see!
aijing2011

Post by aijing2011 »

it is a :lol: good thing