Why did he die ?

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ilona

Why did he die ?

Post by Ilona »

Hi All, I have a IRN and he's 10 yrs old, together I have other birds as well but this was our blue eyed boy. He was extreamly tame and loved me and my husband with such a great personality. Tonight when we passed his cage my husband found him dead on the bottom of his cage, he was given a good balanced diet, and loved to eat chicken bones can anyone tell me why my bird died ?? I'm very sad and if I had faulted I would like to take this opportunity to get advice in preventing the same to happen to my other birds

Thank You
misty

Re: Why did he die ?

Post by misty »

Hi Ilona
Sorry to here about your little guy. My heart goes out to you. No one can say for sure why he died with out a necropsy.( Which is an autopsy on animals). That is the only way to know for sure what happened.
I had a white face albino cockatiel that passed a few years ago. She seemed perfectly healthy. Was feed a good diet. Pellets, seed, cooked and raw veggies, fruit, pasta an hole grains, scrambled eggs, cooked chicken and turkey. One day I found her dead on the bottom of her cage. I had a necropsy done an she had an enlarged heart. (That can only be found with X-rays. Never done on her) the necropsy was when we found it. It was a birth defect. She lived for 8 years.
If he was eating well an his stools where normal It could have been a number of different things.
Sorry that this happened, but that is the only way to know for sure. It does not sound like you did wrong by him.
Again sorry to here about him. My heart goes out to you.
Ring Neck

Re: Why did he die ?

Post by Ring Neck »

So sorry for your loss, sometimes we will never know why are pets are perfect one day and the next day they die. It sounds like you took good care of your IRN.
Could of been a heart attack. Maybe you could bring your other birds to an avian vet to make sure they are okay.
Take care.