A loopy hi from NZ

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

soggy_fruit_loop

A loopy hi from NZ

Post by soggy_fruit_loop »

My name is Sharon and my baby is Smurf.
Smurf is approx 9 months old, has bonded really well and i love *him to bits. This is my 1st ringneck and i am getting real joy out of learning all Smurfs quirks. He has all his cage doors worked out, loves cable ties, pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks and quetips(earbud/cottonbud thingys)
I also have a lil blue budgie named Ozzy (seperate cage :wink: )
The boys copy each other and i let them interact in free play together under very close supervision. It is just so relaxing to watch them explore their toybox and biff everything around.
Smurf isn't talking yet but he still responds to my repeated phrases and i love playing the eye blinking game. Cracks me up everytime!!!
I'd love to know what's rolling round in that feathery head. lol He is roaming round his cage as i type just looking for trouble.
He is moulting body feathers at the moment and loves a good scratch but the daft bird clucks like a poultry farm! I don't put much meaning to it for now as i know Smurf is just a baby yet and i have read that young boys can cluck but i would be a little dissapointed if he is a she in the long run.
i look forward to sharing more stories of Smurfs adventures
pinkdevil

Re: A loopy hi from NZ

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Sharon & Smurf, welcome.
Ringies are intelligent hey. 99% of my babies have worked out how to open cage doors that lift up, so I have to put dog clips on every one. They even open their feed dishes doors and crawl out of there when I am cleaning their dishes!
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

Hi, Smurf is a nice name. Is is blue? He sound so cute. Mine has not tried to open the cage door yet. I hope he never does, but it is suppose to be parrot proof. :)
soggy_fruit_loop

Post by soggy_fruit_loop »

Yes Smurf is blue. He is currently attempting to dig a hole through the bottom of his cage. :roll: