Cobalt sf violetblue pallid identification

Moderator: Mods

mallee_1

Cobalt sf violetblue pallid identification

Post by mallee_1 »

Here one for the guru's. Can anyone explain how to identify the difference in appearance of cobalt sf violetblue pallid to a sf violetblue pallid.

Parents df violetblue/pallid x cobalt. Obviously being pallid it has to be a hen and all young sf violetblue.

Anyone who has a photo of both would it be appreciated.

Rigs
dog_glenn123

Re: Cobalt sf violetblue pallid identification

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi dont have the pictures on hand but,

if you had them next to each other the darker one with black nails will be the cobalt.

Ta Glenn
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

The expert in these subtle differences is Madas, and if we are lucky he could post some nice pics for us. I have seen in the flesh violet and cobalt-violet but I could not see any difference. It seems that the tail of the cobalt-violet looks "violet" and the tail of the blue violet is "deep blue", but I have never could make the difference. How do they look when combined with pallid? Never seen side by side to really tell you but I guess they must look similar.

Recio
madas

Post by madas »

Recio wrote:Hi;

The expert in these subtle differences is Madas, and if we are lucky he could post some nice pics for us. I have seen in the flesh violet and cobalt-violet but I could not see any difference. It seems that the tail of the cobalt-violet looks "violet" and the tail of the blue violet is "deep blue", but I have never could make the difference. How do they look when combined with pallid? Never seen side by side to really tell you but I guess they must look similar.

Recio
violet, pallid cobalt violet:

pallid violet and turquoise violet:

Greetings.

madas

PS: a pic of comparison for normal violet and cobalt violet i will post later.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Madas;

Did you bred the youngs in the first pic? I find that the bec is far more "upright" than usually.
Are the primary flying feathers of the pallid cobalt violet as brown as they look in the pic?
I was thinking about some pics of the tails you posted me around 2 years ago.... but better if we have the whole birds to compare.

Best regards

Recio
madas

Post by madas »

Recio wrote: Did you bred the youngs in the first pic?
No. Not my birds.