Possibilities of violet from this pair

Moderator: Mods

rosemaryalice

Possibilities of violet from this pair

Post by rosemaryalice »

I found out that the parents of my violet green female are either violet green male with a blue female or a violet green male with a violet female. She is bonded to my blue cinnamon male and I will give them a nest box in the spring. That is a little more info than I had the last time I posted about this pairing. I am curious to see if this changes any of the possibilities.
Louie

Re: Possibilities of violet from this pair

Post by Louie »

Ok if the parents are violetgreen male with blue female then your hen is violetgreen/blue. ( / = split to).
If my calculations are correct :) :
cinnamon blue male paired with violetgreen/blue female will produce:
Male:
25% green/blue/cinnamon
25% violetblue/cinnamon
25% blue/cinnamon
25% violetgreen/blue/cinnamon

Female:
25% cinnamon violetblue
25% cinnamon green/blue
25% cinnamon violetgreen/blue
25% cinnamon blue

Therefore visually you will have green, violet (violetblue), blue and violetgreen males and cinnamon violet, cinnamon green, cinnamon violetgreen and cinnamon blue females.

Now it gets kinda complicated . . .
If the parents of your hen are violetgreen male paired with a violet female, your hen could either be a violetgreen(DF)/blue or violetgreen/blue. If she is violetgreen/blue the babies will be the same as the first pairing above:

cinnamon blue male paired with a violetgreen(DF)/blue female will produce:
Male:
50% violetblue/cinnamon
50% violetgreen/blue/cinnamon

Female:
50% cinnamon violetgreen/blue
50% cinnamon violetblue

Therefore visually you will have violet (violetblue) and violetgreen males and cinnamon violetgreen and cinnamon violet females.
I currently own: 1 male, green Indian Ringneck, 1 Labrador Retriever, 1 Mini Lop rabbit and 4 backyard chickens (silkies)
ImageImageImage
rosemaryalice

Post by rosemaryalice »

Thx for your input. All of these possibilities are exciting. I am anxious for Spring so I can see what the results of this pairing are.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Be sure to let us know how it goes :)
I currently own: 1 male, green Indian Ringneck, 1 Labrador Retriever, 1 Mini Lop rabbit and 4 backyard chickens (silkies)
ImageImageImage