Any rec's for travel cages for boarding(not carriers)?

Moderator: Mods

Pattu Rani

Any rec's for travel cages for boarding(not carriers)?

Post by Pattu Rani »

My husband and I are visiting my family for Christmas so I need to board Krishna at the vet's office for 5 days. They told me to bring his cage but it is too big to take there. Has anyone tried the collapsible travel cages - they sell them at windycityparrot.com? Any other recommendations? I like the idea of the collapsible cage(the video makes them look very sturdy) since we do not have a car and if possible we would like to carry it on the bus(one of us would carry Krishna in a kennel carrier) - taxi fares add up.
Melika

Re: Any rec's for travel cages for boarding(not carriers)?

Post by Melika »

I have used normal pet carriers for overnight stays in the past and those have been okay. I add a perch (either wedged in or bolted) and something like the Quick Lock Bird Crocks (I LOVE these dishes even in my bird's normal cage) for easy feeding and watering.

I really like the idea of a collapsible carrier cage. The only problem I have with them if they are meant for more than a night or two, is the height. They are so short and great for short tailed parrots but not so much IRNs. For more than a night or two, I use a cockatiel cage. Still small and pretty much folds away to tuck into the closet but it is tall enough to preserve the IRN tail, have two perches, and even room for a toy.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay