what do you think about it?

Moderator: Mods

krameri

what do you think about it?

Post by krameri »

Hi all,

I have a young bird that has rare lines in wings. I have this bird with two brothers as if they are quiet and with closed wings you can see the diference. Here there are pics to can see the bird. I would to know of your opinion.

Tank you madas to show me the link for pics.

Greetings,
Marc

Fah

Re: what do you think about it?

Post by Fah »

I once changed hand raising food kinds during the rearing process around 3 weeks of age, some of the birds has a similar (though not as much) affect on their feathering throughout the body and I went oooh! One bub even had a yellow tip (beige ish) on its tail...

All this grew out on the first moult. I have also seen this colouring happen on other birds especially a friends green cheeks, mostly it seems to boil down to a funny change in weather / hormones during the feather development from our experience.

Who knows, might be something, but it looks like what myself and others have seen over the years, its rare but has yet to lead to anything.
krameri

Post by krameri »

Hi fah,

I listened about young birds with any problem of stress inside nestboxes can have any line in wings. And this lines are named "stress lines" but these are less pronunced that this bird. Might be it shows any new thing or might be not. Only can wait the next year with the moult and see how it looks then.

Greetings
Marc
krameri

Post by krameri »

Hi all,

Bird finished moult and looks like a normal blue. Lost that "rare lines" but I will be alert when she breeds.

Best regards
Marc