Hi

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Amethyst

Hi

Post by Amethyst »

I've joined the forum because we got Basil on Thursday,he's nearly 2 and had 2 owners already that didn't realise how much time they were going to have to give him.The only bird i've has befor was a budgie, that was years ago. I also wanted the company as i get lonely when my husbands at work and as i have a bad back a furry friend wouldn't be any good so i opted for the feathered kind,lol. I have done some reading up on care etc,got a book but thought it would also be helpful to have somewhere to come to swap tips and advice too :)
ellieelectrons

Re: Hi

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Amethyst

Welcome to the forum. We would love to see pics of Basil.

Ellie.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the forum, Amethyst.

There is sooooo much info and advice here, it is almost like the 'one stop shop' for ringnecks. :D

Am guessing Basil is a green bird?...going by the name.
Is s/he tame?
daniele

Post by daniele »

pinkdevil wrote:Am guessing Basil is a green bird?...going by the name.
Ha ha! :lol: I love the name! Why didn't I think of that!

Welcome! :D
Amethyst

Post by Amethyst »

Lol yes he's green, he's not hand tame,he like's to come out of his cage and spends alot of time popping in and out,he fly's back and forth first thing in the morning i think that's like his morning work out,because we just got him on thursday i've just been talking alot to him and trying to just let him get used to us being around,the people we got him from did let him out but didnt have the time to spend with him or train him thats why they decided to rehome him,they didnt have him long because they didnt realise how much time he was going to need when they got him from a previous owner. Poor thing is now with us in his 3rd home and he's not quite 2 so i'm guessing it's going to take a bit of time to gain trust, i have noticed that he doesnt fly off when i approach his cage which he did the first couple of days, a tiny bit of progress :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Amethyst

Glad to hear you've made some progress. Every bit of progress is significant. I'm glad Basil has found a home where they are prepared to spend the time that he needs now.

Ellie.