Urgent help & advice please

Moderator: Mods

LittleWolf

Urgent help & advice please

Post by LittleWolf »

Hello

Sorry for the heading but its urgent to me.. :oops:

Where do I start? 2 years ago I saved a pair of Indian Ringnecks from a terrible home. Their aviary was a disgrace it had rat droplets on the bottom of the cage. The IRN’s were very timid. They lady who owned them did hand them over to me. I had them vet checked and got the clearance they were healthy to everyone’s surprise.

2 years on they are a lot calmer still slightly timid though. We have not attempted to look in the breeding box incase we frighten the hen and she smashes the eggs.

From the day I noticed her taking up permanent residence in the breeding box would have made it 25days on the 30th September. She only comes out two or three times for approx 5 minutes at a time per day to stretch and have a quick feed than straight back into the breeding box.

My first question how much longer should I let her be.. Or do you have any advice I would hate to frighten her and have her smash the eggs. I am prepared to do anything

I have hand reared baby birds many, many years ago though they weren’t IRN.

Thanks in advance

LW xx
333greenbean333

Re: Urgent help & advice please

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi,
I am not an expert on breeding, this is my first year but I have watch my dad breed for about 5 years now. I check my pairs box every week. the hen does get timmid but they dont smash the eggs. I would have a look today in the box if I was you. The eggs may of hatched now :D . If you want to hand tame them. normaly you should take them out at 3 weeks but as this would be the first time handrearing a ringneck maybe 4 weeks after the chicks have hatched.
hopes this helps :)
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))