New picture of Kalle

Moderator: Mods

*mia*

New picture of Kalle

Post by *mia* »

Here comes some new picture of Kalle. He is normal green, isn´t he?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yep, pretty 'normal' green birdie. He is lighter than my girls but pics never tell the truth unless it is a VERY dark green bird like Datsun and Baby. Im not so sure Baby isnt emerald... she is DARK green. Way darker than anyone elses but I have figured that is more to do with the pics or lighting.

Do emeralds have yellow undertones as regular greens ya'll? How would I tell if she was or wasnt and emerald? And unlike most greens, Babys entire tail is blue, rather than a few feathers.

The green shows almost true on Baby always or it makes her white. :roll:

As far as visually sexing: See how flat the male beak is as oppose to a females beak? That is the dead give-away, tried and true!
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow isn't he gorgeous!!! That ring, so beautiful...wow you have a stunning bird. Makes me want a green... :oops: can't do that (can't afford that hehehe) My Prinny is an albino so no color; sometimes I envy those of you with the different shades of colors but I wouldn't trade my Prinny for the most expensive birds out there. It sure is amamzing to see the different colors these guys can get.

Dani and Prinny
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

there is no such thing as emerald... So I'm not sure what your talking about... :wink:

the green on "normal" greens is actually stunning. So I dunno why people think their bird is more than it is. They really ARE beautiful birds. They are cheap because they are common, not ugly :P

I know there are so many mutations out there it' hard to know what's what but this site will help if you havent already seen it

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

What a great side :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I refer to the 'Dark Green' as emerald color for ease of understanding. Because they are emerald colored AND because it differentiates between the greens so new-comers arent lost.

Mutations are the most interesting thing about the IRN yet it seems to be the last thing people research -shrug-

But, nonetheless, according to the link provided, Baby is definately a Dark Green. Described her to a 'T'. She is far darker than Peek-a-Boo. I think because she is so dark, maybe that is why all of her pictures wash out to make her look albino? I dunno.

This also explains why Baby's tail is almost all blue and Peek-a-Boo only has two blue tail feathers.
~ Mikaela Sky

baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

aww i love the photos of him, especially the 6th photo he like peek a boo though his wings... cute.
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day