What can be the outcome?

Moderator: Mods

siddcapri

What can be the outcome?

Post by siddcapri »

Hi everybody,

I had bought a pair of Indian Ringnecks 2 years back. Both the male and female looks green in color, but the breeder told me the male is the result of a cross between Albino and Lutino, whereas the female is a cross between a yellow and blue. They have formed pair and they are bonded to each other. Can anyone tell me what will be the probable outcome of this pair? Will it be all green (normal ringnecks) or there will be some Albino or Lutinos?

Thanks in advance
Sidd
Pappagall

Re: What can be the outcome?

Post by Pappagall »

Hi,
The breeder from whom you bought them lied to you when he told you that the parents were albino and lutino.As all offsprings from this pair will be ino(yellow) and if the lutino parent was split to blue the offsprings would be white and yellow.But it is possible that the parents of the green female would be yellow and blue only if the male was green and the female was blue and there were no splits.As if the male was yellow the female offsprings would be all yellow and all green males.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

If the parents of the female were yellow and blue, then the dad would have to be blue and mom yellow. Otherwise like previously mentioned if dad were lutino then all females would be lutino. Results from blue dad and lutino mom would be all green babies females split to blue and males split to ino as well. If mom was split to blue, then you would also get blue males and females, and if dad is split to ino you could also get lutino and albino females provided that the female was split to blue.

Good Luck
siddcapri

Post by siddcapri »

Thanks guys, for your quick response. I really appreciate your help :D
Let us wait till the pair breeds. I will update you with the result.
Thanks