Would like some fast advice if possible on a new purchase

Moderator: Mods

lschlick

Would like some fast advice if possible on a new purchase

Post by lschlick »

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to IRN's I have two pets. And have decided to jump in and do a bit of breeding. I have aquired some birds that I think were traumatized by bad conditions, and some much better birds(much more quieter!). I have to date I have Two Blue Cocks, A green Cock, A Blue Hen and a Green Hen. I will be purchasing a very high quality Green split to blue hen in the near future. My question is that I am going to make a trade for another pair and would like your advice on which of the two pair to get that would give me the most color diversity with what I already have. The pairs I can choose from are: Lutino Male X Green Female or Green Male X Lutino female? I was leaning towards the Lutino Cock and Green female. But that would give me overall 3 Green hens. However after looking at the breeding charts if I bred him to a normal green hen I would get 50 % Lutinos. I guess in short is a Lutino cock or hen more valuable to a color program? This endevor will bring me up to 4 pairs and that's where I'm going to stand. But I can switch them around a bit. I do have a Blue Cock and a green hen checking out their nest box finally!! These are two of the three traumatized birds. The third is a blue hen that I want to pair up with a blue cock. Then I can do a Green x Green and a Lutino x Green?? thanks in advance!!