Regurgitating????????Help please

Moderator: Mods

pennythepenguin

Regurgitating????????Help please

Post by pennythepenguin »

Hi, my ringneck is 6 months old tomorrow. Tonight I had him out on my shoulder and he was being very calm. I was having a conversation with my fiance and suddenly our bird started bobbing his neck up and down and he threw up about 5 pieces of peanuts. These are pretty big pieces like almost .5 cm across!!! I took him to his cage and offered him water... he just wants to sit with me. He is on my shoulder now grinding his beak. Was he regurgitating that on purpose?? And why would he have such BIG pieces of peanut in his stomach?? I am not going to give him peanuts for a while and stick with smaller seeds and his fresh foods for now..
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Regurgitating????????Help please

Post by ringneck »

Aw, sounds like your bird is in love! Not to worry! When mine start to do that--i just put them back to let them settle down. Don't encourage it. Now it never happens as my birds know i don't like that. Just ignore it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
pennythepenguin

Re: Regurgitating????????Help please

Post by pennythepenguin »

ok thank you!!! lol i am relieved he isn't sick or something! also is that normal for him to have such large pieces in his stomach?? He is a pretty small bird he only weighs barely 100 g