My bird loves my wife i think?

Moderator: Mods

Lags

My bird loves my wife i think?

Post by Lags »

Hi,

the story is our famale Lutino has never been a 'hands on' type of bird. she's 18 months old, very tame, loves stepping up and cruising around on our shoulder,and gets cranky if we leave the room without her. So we got her a playmate, a male blue ringneck who is about 8 months old now. They have never really got along together, but are getting better. She was always a bit aggressive towards him, but recently has started doing a little dance to him. he doesn't know whats going on, so either ignores her or bites her...

but since he has arrived she has changed her attitiude toward my wife in particular. she allows my wife to kiss her belly and pat her head and belly and back. Its funny because its like the bird is hypnotised when it happens, because her eyes are pinned and her head is lifted in the air... anyway, the video will explain better.....

Just was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with this bird? have you had the same thing happen?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZObWt4Yeos

ps, not sure how to post video, hope it works!
pinkdevil

Re: My bird loves my wife i think?

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Lags,

lol I think your lutino girl is 'coming of age'. :oops: :wink:

My girl Jasper did the exact same thing a year or more ago. I have a video of her doing it to.
I ended up getting her a mate which took some time for her to accept him but finally she did and she laid eggs. Unfortunately it was her first time and the eggs were clear. Hoping this year will be more successful.

At 8 months of age your little boy possibly doesn't know what all the fuss is about with her lol.
cocojen

Post by cocojen »

nawww... that video put a smile on my face! she is beautiful! looks like ur wife has a new friend! it must make ur wife feel good too. my IRN lets me pat him now too, it used to be only my husband who could touch him but i forced him (in a fashion) to let me do it n now he comes to me for it. we scratch the back of his neck and he pushes his head onto my hand and buries his head in my hand :D it's a sense of acceptance for me!
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

she is very sweet! looks like she is assuming the position for mating to me :)