What mutation? Pieds?

Moderator: Mods

Recio

Re: What mutation? Pieds?

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud;

Buy them... and take better pics :lol:

They are not AMD pieds (you can see a ring on male's neck)
They are not dominant pieds or arlequin since there is piedness also in the male's head.
They are not just pallids

It seems that feather structure is altered and they seem to display some kind of reddish colour in the wings feathers... but pics are not terrible !!!

From known combinations of mutations I would say that they look much like dilute grey green birds (look here: http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... Dilute.htm), but a better pic would be great. Ask for their parents and for their housing conditions to be sure it is not some kind of illness.

Best regards

Recio
333greenbean333

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi,
I think this may sound wierd but I think they are called "Copia De Plumes" Its a new mutation. check this website out and click under new mutations. How much are they selling for?
http://www.mcw-indianringnecks.com.au/NewMutations.html
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi greenbeen;

"Copia de plumes" means "copy of feathers" in catalan (language spoken in Catalunya - Spain)
This is the file name where Marc had stored the picture, but this is not a new mutation. Marc is waiting for next molt in order to know if it is a permanent character or not.

Greetings

Recio
Rolly

Post by Rolly »

Look like Dilute Green Birds to me. :shock:
Feathers are in disarray after the birds have been washed.
For presentation in the bird market.
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

God! why would anybody do that?? Bleaching those poor birds... Thats mean. A birds lungs are very sensitive, would it be possible for them not to get ill, through that bleaching process? If thats the case, you shouldnt buy those birds, it will only support these idiots.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;
I always think they are dilute since ...
1. The male ring is only afected in the melanin ring but the red (psitacine) ring is not altered.
2. There is still some melanin as you can see green feathers in the tail.
3. The apparent lost of melanin is not homogeneous because it depends on the normal amount of melanin own by each feather and of our eye sensitivity to detect it. When dilution occurs only feathers with the highest amount of melanin are still visible for us as green feathers, all the others becoming apparently yellowish, even if they have all lost the same % of melanin. That 's why sometimes they can look as pied. I have some pics of diluted birds showing the lattest but I am not allowed to post them. You can remark this looking at the dilute green cock in http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... Dilute.htm, but I still think that they are dilute grey greens since they look very yellow.

Look at the feet: dilute birds display clearer feets than normals. It would also be great a pic of the male's face: in dilutes the black ring is not completely lost near the beak.

Did you buy them, Saud?

Greetings
Last edited by Recio on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud,

I would think that a local bird breeder is death and all his flock is sell. That could explain the unusual birds (even being recessives), the quantity, the low price and the fact that the shopkeeper is not very cooperative. If there are 15 available birds you can look for the feathers appearence in youngs and adults, and in the inner part of wings, to be sure that the birds have not been bleeched.

Good luck

Recio
krameri

Post by krameri »

Hi all,

I am not agree to these birds are dilute. The dilute has the same colour in all the body, excepting face, where shows more green. Looking wings of birds, I see a diferent colour in final wing. It is not a feature of dilute. I show a pic of dilute and you can see what I am talking about.

Look a head in dilute

Maybe these birds are blecheed, we don,t know. But you must be sure what are you going to buy.

Best regards
Marc
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Marc;

If you look at Saud's pic you will notice the greener colour in the head... and looking to your bird's wing I can see patches of yellow and patches of green (but maybe it is just a problem of colour vision :lol: ).

Saud's pics show birds which have lost more melanin than yours: they are almost yellow and the back part of the black ring is lost (we do not know if there is always a part of the black ring near the beak or not). New better pics of the whole bird would be really great.

Recio
krameri

Post by krameri »

Hi recio,
Recio wrote:looking to your bird's wing I can see patches of yellow and patches of green (but maybe it is just a problem of colour vision
If you look at my bird you can see ecqual all the wing. And in other birds I see flight feathers of diferent colour. I was talking about it.
Recio wrote:we do not know if there is always a part of the black ring near the beak or not
These are series of colours in ring:

1.- dark grey/pink in green and grey-green
2.- dark grey/white in blue series ( not turquoises)
3.- dark grey/white to dark grey/pink in turquoises

Till now all my notices are that all cocks in dilute have dark grey.
Recio wrote:better pics of the whole bird would be really great.
I agree with you

Best regards
Marc