Light fixation.. (o _ O) Is It Normal??

Moderator: Mods

**_ASTERI_BABI_**

Light fixation.. (o _ O) Is It Normal??

Post by **_ASTERI_BABI_** »

Hey just wondering (as a newby to irn) if being fixated on light is unusual??
I have a now 6 month old silver indian ring neck baby who becomes bazzarly tranced by light - the un-natural kind. what i mean is,; for example when i put his cage on the table there is a long flurestent light right above the table and he immediately looks up and becomes very focused and still..staring at the light, only to break his glare when i distract him with a loud noise or cover his cage top with a towel or newspaper etc. when ever he is near or under a light bulb (not dimmer lights though) he is instantly absorbed by them..he will just stare at it without moving..its quite funny initially but then disturbing! lol :lol:
All i want to know is if this is normal irn behaviour, perhaps baby behaviour?? if not, could there be an explanation for this fixation?
any "light" you can shed (excuse the pun hehe) on this for me would be greatly appreciated.
oh and also Asteri has developed a severe hate for bells..all toys with bells have been banned. lol. Has anyone else experienced their irn hating bells????

cheers!

L
julie

Re: Light fixation.. (o _ O) Is It Normal??

Post by julie »

first thought with the fluro light would have been the flicker and the noise they make. But with the other lights im not sure.
Not liking bells is a good thing, they can do a fair amount of damage to their beak if the get it caught while trying to destroy them.
**_ASTERI_BABI_**

julie wrote:first thought with the fluro light would have been the flicker and the noise they make. But with the other lights im not sure.
Not liking bells is a good thing, they can do a fair amount of damage to their beak if the get it caught while trying to destroy them.
cheers julie! i didnt realise the bells can do damage. all toys with bells have been bansihed now anyway (wot a waste of money! haha) - they truly bring out his worse side. yeh i am still very curious about the light thing... very strange!
laine

Post by laine »

Hi,
Smokey likes to look at the lights also. He always has. Not as much now but still does it. We have those new energy saver globes in our house but if he catches sight or remembers they are up there, he will just watch. Smokey is now 4 1/2 years old. Sorry can't answer why but just to let you know my bird does it too.
He is terrified of a torch though. We found this out when we had a power failure. Poor thing.
**_ASTERI_BABI_**

Hey, thaks heaps for telling about smokey! phew, its kind of a relief to know asteri isnt the only one doing it hehe :D
wow so i guess he wont grow out of it if ur baby is 4yrs old, oh well its quirky i dont mind.. i was just worried it is bad for his eyes or something, you know?? he truly becomes hypnotised by it and is totally frozen.
maybe its a silver irn thing?? lolz.
oh ok i will remember that flash light thing, cheers!

= L =