What Colour is she???? PICS

Moderator: Mods

Goldelocs

What Colour is she???? PICS

Post by Goldelocs »

Hi, I have recently bought a beautiful IRN hen, she was sold to me as a blue lacewing but she is much paler than the pictures I have seen. At first glance she appears to be white but upon a closer look she has a pure white head with the softest blue colouring on her body, some of her wing feathers are light grey and where her back meets her tail feathers is a slightly darker blue. I do have pictures but am not sure how to post them here. any help would be appreciated.
I plan to bred her with my blue male, I am not sure if he is split to anything, what colours may be possible?

Thankyou :)

Recio

Re: What Colour is she???? PICS

Post by Recio »

Hi Goldelocs,

To me she could be a pallid blue cinnamon hen, but I am not sure since I have never seen pics of a pallid-cinnamon combo neither in green nor in blue series.

If you pair her to a blue male you will got only visual blue males and females, but 100% of males will be split pallid and cinnamon.*

Cheers

Recio
Goldelocs

Post by Goldelocs »

Thankyou for your help. It is hard to tell in the pics but she is a very pretty bird, while her tail feathers are white in certain lights they have a lovely blue Iridescence as seen in this pic, sorry it's so blurry.
When I bought my blue male from the breeders a few years ago, I remember them saying that their blues will all be boys and their cinnamon blues with be hens, I'm not sure what the parentage was but if he is split to cinnamon could they produce blues and cinnamon blues?

Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Goldelocs;

To produce 100% blue males et 100% blue cinnamon females when paired to a blue hen, your male must be a cinnamon blue bird (general light blue-grey colour with light blue head). If he is just blue split cinamon, all the males chicks will be blue (50% split cinnamon) and only 50% of the females would be blue cinnamon, the other 50% being normal blues.

From your pic it looks like a normal blue. If he is split cinnamon and your female is blue-palli-cinnamon you could get from them blue cinnamon males and females and normal blue/cin males and blue females in the same %, all the males split pallid.

Regards

Recio