Introducing a new ringneck to the house

Moderator: Mods

Deano

Introducing a new ringneck to the house

Post by Deano »

Hi all

Havent been around for a while, my ringneck is going well about 14 months old now, not talking or sign of a ring yet, but is tame and a sweet bird

I today got another ringneck from a friend , the bird is about 12 months old and pretty tame, bit skitty as you cam imagine new people and new enviroment, my question is whats the best way to try to get the birds to get along good

they are in seperate cages side by side at the moment

when they are together they bite each others feet not hard and have a peck at each other, but its nothing viscous

would this be the normal type of behaviour for the two birds the first time, any tips on how to make them get along, or just let them sort it out, are they are social bird, my original ringneck doesnt seem to be jealous

thanks
bec

Re: Introducing a new ringneck to the house

Post by bec »

they will have to sort out their own pedking order but with supervision dont let them out together unless your there
i was lucky with introducing my first 2 irns they were both very easy going birds & the third time i let them both out together they decided to share the big cage rather than have seperate rooms but that was after about a fortnight of side by side cages & having on fly while the other was caged & then swapping over
good luck keep us posted