Chiquita

Moderator: Mods

courtney

Chiquita

Post by courtney »

Some pics of my IRN Chiquita and just a couple of Boomer, my new green cheek conure. I've only had him a month. He was severly abused and neglected. That is why he is so skiny, I don't starve him. He's MUCH MUCH bigger, poor little one.

Sorry I know this is an IRN forum.

Tyring to see what Im reading, kind of hard to do with a bird on your book.

Boomer LOVES to sit on the top of my glass tank hood and watch the fish.

Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.

bec

Post by bec »

chiquita slooking good and at least she just sits on your book
skeet shreds any boook i read whil shes out of her cage
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Good to see updates of Chiquita and your new Boomer. :)
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Aww they are both so cute! Those are great flight shots of Chiquita! Boomer is quite a cutie! I'm sure he'll do wonderfully with you.
courtney

Post by courtney »

Thanks! It's hard to get flight shot. Right time right place but she does fly a lot but sometimes I just the back of her flying away.

Boomers had a really rough life. It's very sad to think of what the other people did to him. :(
Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.

bec

Post by bec »

its always good to hear of any animal getting a second chance
most of my (non feathered ) pets are rescues
i have just got a new rescue lot 2 teils and a one legged budgie
bless you for giving boomer a second chance i know you will spoil him enough to make his old life seem like a bad dream!!!
courtney

Post by courtney »

Thanks Bec. Every animal deserves a chance at a happy life. It's sad and I will never understand how someone could hurt and abuse an animal. When I saw Boomer I new he was mine. That skinny scruffy pathetic thing was mine. It was tough because of the biting. That was his defense. I worked with him really hard, now he steps up and never ever bites me.

Im glad you rescued them too, that is great. Do you have a pic of you one legged bird?